Molecular diagnostics for your routine
World Health Day 04. 04. 2018
In this 70th anniversary year, WHO is calling on world leaders to live up to the pledges they made when they agreed the Sustainable Development Goals in 2015, and commit to concrete steps to advance #HealthForAll. This means ensuring that everyone, everywhere can access essential quality health services without facing financial hardship.
World Health Day messages
- Universal health coverage is about ensuring all people can get quality health services, where and when they need them, without suffering financial hardship.
- No one should have to choose between good health and other life necessities.
- UHC is key to people's and nations' health and well-being.
- UHC is feasible. Some countries have made great progress. Their challenge is to maintain coverage to meet people's expectations.
- All countries will approach UHC in different ways: there is no one size fits all. But every country can do something to advance UHC.
- Making health services truly universal requires a shift from designing health systems around diseases and institutions towards health services designed around and for people.
- Everyone can play a part in the path to UHC, by taking part in a UHC conversation.